Investment Communications Manager
Our client is looking for an Investment Communications Manager to join their Marketing Communications Team reporting to Head of Marketing. Our client currently operates a hybrid working environment with a minimum of three days office based. You will be responsible for creating and managing investment marketing communications across multiple digital channels, including eMarketing, fund manager commentaries and updates, webinars, webcasts, videos, podcasts and social media to key audiences including retail investors, investment-led intermediaries, wealth managers and institutional investors.
This Asset Management firm has two principal areas of investment expertise: outcome-based, multi-asset investment, and single-strategy, active equity investment, for example UK, European, US and global equity funds. The diversity, strength and depth of their product range allows them to offer portfolio solutions for a wide range of client needs.
The business is centred on actively and responsibly managing clients’ investments to help them secure a better financial future. They aim to meet these needs by offering strong performing investment products and delivering good long-term outcomes, underpinned by responsive client service and transparent, proactive communication.
The difference you will make.
Your Skills needed
- Competent with either FE (Financial Express) Analytics
- High degree of IT literacy & MS office applications
- As efficient, calm, fast and flexible approach; follows work through, prioritises workload to meet targets and deadlines; manages multiple priorities; adapts quickly to changing requirements in a fast-paced working environment
- Pro-active and solutions-driven; able to self-motivate, work independently and use own initiative in the absence of clear guidelines by identifying tasks/issues and projects or potential problems, in advance, creating solutions and taking ownership of outcomes as appropriate
- High standards of accuracy, care over work and an eye for detail to ensure work is of the highest standard and processes are always adhered to
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy; is quick to learn, to assimilate information at the first telling, and remembers for future
- Numerate and with excellent use of English (including spelling, grammar and adapting communication style for audience)
- Maintain and update planning log of different investment marketing communications, including e-marketing insight notes and articles, videos, webinars, podcasts and social media
- Work closely with Director of Marketing, marketing team and business development teams to agree future plans and to keep key stakeholders appropriately informed
- Pro-actively manage planning schedule to keep work on track
- Maintain up-to-date procedures and adhere to all internal procedures
- Write new content and repurpose existing content
- Includes writing emails, preparing questions and key messages for videos and webinars, and organising production of relevant associated materials, including presentations for webinars
- Hosting webinars and podcasts, including with members of the investment team
- Ensuring content is aligned with brand positioning and key messages
- Work with colleagues to make sure they are appropriately briefed before digital broadcasts including webinars and videos
- Assist in the drafting, editing, approval and distribution of other investment content including regular client investment reporting and fund manager insight notes
- Ensure approval of communications including from technical specialists e.g., fund managers, and compliance team, to ensure compliance with Financial Conduct Authority rules and the principles of treating customers fairly
- Use relevant metrics to analyse impact of investment communications
- Use metrics to identify opportunities for improvement in future investment communications
- Sense-check communications and evidence data for accuracy
- Check and correct communications for grammatical errors
- Ensure all communications are compliant, consistent and treat customers fairly
What you bring to the table.
- Degree-educated or equivalent experience in Financial Marketing (Asset Management)
- 2 years(+) marketing experience in asset management company
- An understanding of investment philosophy & process, investment products and financial markets and the ability to apply this effectively to client materials
- A very good understanding of Compliance frameworks from a marketing perspective
- Producing and checking marketing communications (fund commentaries,) to a standard that ensures adherence to compliance guidelines
- A good understanding of content marketing and digital communication
- spelling, grammar and adapting communication style for audience)
- Demonstrate competent time & workload management
- Work proactively and collaboratively with management; attend meetings and other presentations; carry out all duties, along with any non-core duties as may be reasonably required by the management team, in a timely, efficient manager and with good will
- Compliance with Financial Conduct Authority rules and the principles of treating customers fairly when producing communication materials
- Act with integrity
- Act with due care, skill and diligence
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standards of market conduct
What’s in it for you.
- Full-time job
- Permanent position
- Mid-Senior level
- £55-65,000 (depending upon experience )
- Hybrid with 3 days working in London
- Great development opportunities and the possibility to grow further
- Working at a 250+ employees Multi-Asset Investment Firm in london!