Investor Services Associate
Our partner for which we are recruiting is a genuinely active investment manager offering a range of funds and investment trusts, covering equity, fixed income, multi asset and absolute return investment strategies, including funds with specific non-financial responsible & objectives sustainable.
Seeking for an Investor Services Associate to join our Operations team based at our London or Guildford office, there may occasionally be some travel to attend relevant meetings, generally in the UK.
This job is an amazing opportunity to further enhance your career within Asset Management and Investor Services. This is a great next step to take with your ambition in mind.
The difference you will make.
The successful candidate will process and administer Fund Managers business timely and accurately, and will support the management of Portfolio Management business of our partner. By monitoring, overseeing and processing discretionary and funds activities on relevant platforms internal as well as external.
You will act as point of contact between Fund Managers and Portfolio Managers, and will actively manage the sound landing of projects when it affects Investor Services, manage and provide ongoing and ad hoc reporting and distributions.
You will act in a Client Services role towards clients and advisors, by providing adequate answers to their questions, by reporting, and making the necessary reporting or administrative changes when regulatory or operational requirements change.
The Role detailed
- To support investor services projects and new products, as required
- Processing the day-to-day administrative activities, such as new business and servicing clients, managing TPA/TA/Counterparty activities to move business to and from Premier timely and accurately
- Perform all key administration duties (including opening post, allocating work, managing queries) timely and accurately in accordance with SLA
- Monitoring receipt of stock and cash and the associated reconciliations; and the ongoing review of negative or positive stock or cash balances to make sure they are in line with expectations, of both the client and Premier, and resolving timely
- Owning the timely answering of customer and adviser queries (by post, phone or email) (including setting up Online Valuation Service) and monitoring of outstanding queries to a satisfactory completion
- Maintaining accurate client and adviser records; and updating timely upon receipt of instructions to do so
- Preparation and dispatch of welcome letters and other correspondence timely and accurately, in line with SLAs
- Identifying, managing and recording any failures in controls or risks, through recording key actions on Sonar.
- Understand the rules and regulations that govern our processes, demonstrate an understanding of the regulatory impact if something goes wrong (measured through the accurate updating of Sonar)
- Processing client money transactions as required, including legacy monies, in accordance with CASS rules; and other relevant regulations
- To support any other general activities that may be required from time to time
What you bring to the table.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience of working in Investor Services / Client Services in the finance industry, preferably in Fund Management, Wealth Management or other similar customer/adviser facing role
Skills & Professional qualifications
- Team player with a positive, results orientated approach;
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate effective – both written and verbally at all levels and able to cope with difficult situations
- Strong Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Strong Problem Solving skills;
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when coping with difficult situations;
- Good administrative and personal organizational skills;
- Good IT skills / ability to use Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to work under considerable pressure and adhere to strict timescales.
- Attention to Detail
What’s in it for you.
- England, London
- Full-time / permanent
- 10% Pension Contribution
- 25 holidays ex. bank holidays
- Hybrid way of working
- 25,000- 35,000k per year