Platform Relationship Manager
Our client is a fast growing and established Asset Management company, looking for a Platform Relationship Manager investor services Team reporting to Head of Investor Services. Our client currently operates a hybrid working environment with a minimum of three days office based.
This Asset Management firm has two principal areas of investment expertise: outcome-based, multi-asset investment, and single-strategy, active equity investment, for example UK, European, US and global equity funds. The diversity, strength and depth of their product range allows them to offer portfolio solutions for a wide range of client needs.
The business is centred on actively and responsibly managing clients’ investments to help them secure a better financial future. They aim to meet these needs by offering strong performing investment products and delivering good long-term outcomes, underpinned by responsive client service and transparent, proactive communication.
The difference you will make.
Experience / Knowledge
- Experience of working with platform technology in Financial Services
- Experience in working with platform providers within a fund management business
Principal Responsibilities / Deliverables
Broadening The Reach of Products
- Ensure existing products/solutions have broadest possible reach where existing platform/third party distributor relationships exist
- Proactively identify opportunities to broaden the distribution reach of product solutions to UK retail/wholesale and D2C platforms, particularly as new entrants launch in the market.
- Support the Sales team with any future initiatives to expand product range into new markets/jurisdictions
- Work with Sales team to delivery best-in-class service to our intermediary clients.
- Act as a representative to resolve queries or issues arising from clients using these solutions on platforms / by distributors.
Subject Matter Expert
- Represent employer at Platform functions and use these to broaden own knowledge.
- Report back key findings and/or initiatives to the wider Sales team.
- Establish and regularly maintain Platform ‘key facts’ log
- Provide the Sales team with certainty of specific per-platform features (share class availability, EGM/AGM voting considerations, ring-fencing products by-platform, handling of rebates etc.)
- Act as liaison for data vendors and other suppliers utilised by platform
- Leverage new and existing working relationships with platforms to satisfy company requirements in light of the evolving regulatory back-drop.
- Ensure appropriate target-market assessments / European MiFID Templates (EMT) are being issued and processed effectively by the platforms.
- Engage with platforms to establish and maintain European Feedback Template (EFT) feedback loop
- Support business development projects and new propositions, as required
- Assisting in development and testing processes in new practices and technology solutions
- Liaising with internal departments, other institutions, and companies intermediary clients.
- Support the wider Distribution/Sales team in their roles.
- Maintain knowledge and competence with legislation and ongoing regulatory changes
What you bring to the table.
Education / Qualification
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent relevant qualification
- Team player with a positive, results orientated approach.
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate effective – both written and verbally at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when coping with difficult situations.
- Good administrative and personal organisational skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good IT skills / ability to use Microsoft Office and Excel
What’s in it for you.
- Full-time job
- Permanent position
- Mid-Senior level
- £55-65,000 (depending upon experience )
- Hybrid with 3 days working in London
- Great development opportunities and the possibility to grow further
- Working at a 250+ employees Multi-Asset Investment Firm in london!