Senior Accountant - Asset Management
Our partner is well-established, and one of the largest global Asset Management providers and present all around the world. Our partner is active in over 50 countries, with over 600 billion in AUM, serving over 60 million customers worldwide. Leading position in Europe overall and growing into a similar position in the rest of the world.
The difference you will make.
To strengthen the Accounting department for our France & German location, you will be located in Cologne and we are looking for you to support the German Accounting team as soon as possible.
- You will carry out the balance sheet accounting, including the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements according to IFRS, for German branches in Asset Management
- You will support the tax advisor with advance VAT returns, ZM returns, annual tax returns and e-balance sheets
- You are responsible for the preparation of declarations within the framework of the Foreign Trade and Payments Ordinance (AWV)
- You develop and optimize processes and structures, especially in the context of digital change
- You work in international projects
- You have the possibility to step into our leadership program, develop your leadership skills further up until the point where you are able grow into a new role
What you bring to the table.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a similar accounting position with an Asset Manager, Wealth Manager, Investment Manager or Insurance company
- You have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Accounting, Economics or equivalent educational field or you have a completed commercial apprenticeship with further specialist training and a track record of at least 7 years of professional experience as senior accountant in the previously mentioned sectors
- You have expert understanding of business administration and accounting and ideally knowledge of income and value added tax as well as AWV reporting
- You have expert analytical and conceptual skills and work independently, responsibly and conscientiously
- You are an ambitious and factual professional with leadership skills, hands-on mentality, high expert level of knowledge about all inns- and outs of German Accounting regulations and General Accepted Accounting principles.
- You are solution oriented and self-proficient in dealing with challenges along the way.
- You are customer and service oriented, have a high level of commitment, enjoy working in a team and ideally have some experience in disciplinary or technical management
- You have a good knowledge of accounting with SAP and MS Office tools, especially Excel, and a good command of written and spoken English next to German fluency
What’s in it for you.
You will be working for an established top tier Asset Management company, in an international oriented environment, with excellent development and growth possibilities, with clear goals and standards of what and how they wish to achieve their goals.
- Full-time / permanent position
- Cologne area in Germany
- 75.000 – 95.000 euro salary
- Variable bonus & Pension scheme
- Mobility package for travelling
- Insurance discounts and other extra packages
- Hybrid way of working (40% office, 60% days remote)
- Cycle-to-work scheme and other health related perks
Please only apply when you are 100% fluent in German or German is your mother tongue, and next to that that you are also proficient in English.